Church of Nossa Senhora das Mercês

It was part of the convent of the barefoot Augustinians (known as cradle friars), founded under the protection of Queen Luísa de Gusmão in 1670, in Rua do Raimundo (street).

The Church consecrated in 1698, presents a rather plain façade and has inside ashlars of narrative tiles (eighteen century) and gilded woodwork, highlighting the magnificent triumphal arch and the pilasters in the transept.

Houses, since 1956, the Religious Decorative Arts section, from the Museum of Évora.

Rua do Raimundo

Additional Contents