This church replaced the original St. Antoninho Chapel , commendation of the order of the Temple. It was built between 1557–63 by request of Cardinal Infante D. Henrique and the plant is attributed to the master Manuel Pires.
Severe frontage, flanked by bell towers and opens with three Mannerist portals. In its interior, the moth is of the late renaissance, with the characteristics of temple-hall. It has interesting chapels decorated with polychrome ‘maneirista’ carving and baroque-rococo and panels of tiles of century XVII. In the main chapel, a gilded altarpiece, baroque, and on the altar there remains the precious marble front, with the 14th century Apostolate, which belonged to the primitive hermitage according to tradition, in front of this church existed a magnificent Roman arch, destroyed in 1570.
Address: Praça do Giraldo, 7000-508 Évora, Portugal