The present building arose in 1560 replacing previous oratories, and displays characteristic features within the tridentine spirit. Inside, it has three naves divided by robust granitic pillars, supporting a hemispherical dome, also noteworthy are the altarpiece on the high altar and the Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Vitória.
The disclosure of the legend of the Martyrs of Évora, Saints Vincent, Sabina and Cristeta (from Ávila), martyrs of the Roman persecutions, considered to be natural of Évora, is due to Master André de Resende. In the presbytery there is a stone, where according to tradition, is inserted the impression of a foot of the martyr S. Vicente.
On the façade there is also a station of the Via Sacra, of the brotherhood of Senhor Jesus dos Passos (from 1720 and rebuilt in this place, in 1856).
Building designed to host exhibitions and other cultural activities.