This convent founded in the fifteenth century by the Bishop of Évora D. Vasco Perdigão in the site of the former Paço dos Falcões, underwent deep renovation in the 16th century, highlighting the cloister, the old refectory and the Chapter Hall.
It was the last religious community to close in Évora (1903) and was afterwards used by military institutions and, since 1951, as an educational institution.
The church, dating from the second half of the sixteenth century, features baroque characteristics with classical vestiges. The front strengthened by flying buttresses and towers with tile shackles of Moorish taste and tradition, has granite portals with the symbols of the Franciscan order. Inside, the nave with frescoes painted ceiling, the elevations lined with tiles up to the cornice, with mural paintings hidden by canvases, and gilded carving in the main chapel. Keeps paintings from the mannerist period.